Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Reading



I've already referred to reading about a variety of subjects. I also enjoy reading novels and biographies. One of my more ambitious projects was to read the twenty volumes of Emile Zola's Rougon Macquart Cycle. I tend to switch between the classical novels of famous novelists of the past like Dickens, Trollope and more recently Hemingway. Then read a variety of modern novels, often passed on to me by Ruth. Then there are the true literary masterpieces like Harry Potter which I followed avidly from the beginning. The two last books I read were Child 44 a novel set in the immediate post war years of the Soviet Union and Jonothan Livingston Seagull, a gentle fable about the essence of freedom. Variety is the spice of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment